Complete the sentences by using the correct forms of the
to school by bus this morning. (simple past)
his sister since 1984. (present perfect)
(TO CELEBRATE) Hafid's birthday last Wednesday.
2. I'm sorry I'm a bit moody. I
(TO HAVE) a busy day today.
(TO WORK) here for five months now.
4. If I
(TO KNOW) Ruth's address, I would write to her.
5. This church
(TO BUILD) sometime during the 17th century.
Choose the correct translations of the Dutch sentences.
6. Wanneer heb je deze fiets gekocht?
When did you buy this bicycle?
When have you bought this bicycle?
7. Mijn oom is net voor Pasen overleden.
My uncle has died just before Easter.
My uncle died just before Easter.
8. Sorry dat ik laat ben. Hoe lang heb je op me staan wachten?
Sorry I'm late. How long have you been waiting for me?
Sorry I'm late. How long did you wait for me?
9. Ik ben nog nooit in Schotland geweest.
I was never in Scotland.
I have never been to Scotland.
10. Shakespeare heeft veel toneelstukken geschreven.
Shakespeare wrote many plays.
Shakespeare has written many plays.
Questionmark OnDemand licensed to ThiemeMeulenhoff BV