could, should, would, must, ought to, might, be able to, be allowed to,
1. Hebben jullie nog kunnen skiën?
Were you allowed to
Have you been able to
2. Gelukkig mocht ik het proefwerk overmaken.
was allowed to
do the test again.
3. Je mag hier niet komen.
weren't able to
4. Je had beter moeten weten.
have known better.
5. Ze is een boeiende vrouw. Ik had de hele avond naar haar verhalen kunnen luisteren.
She is a fascinating woman. I
was able to
have listened to her stories all night.
Complete these conditional sentences. Use the verb between brackets.
If you come back home late, you ... (to punish).
If you come back home late, you
will be punished
1. If I
(to know) what to do, I certainly would do so!
2. I would have greeted you, if only I
(to see) you.
3. I'm pretty sure Kaleb won't come to the party, unless you
(to beg) him on your knees.
4. If Susan only worked a bit harder, she
(to get) much higher marks.
5. Tim gave us a lame excuse he said he
(to be) on time, if he had woken up a bit earlier.
6. If you tell him, he
(to break up) with Louise.
Select the correct sentence.
Is Carl the guy whom left the party early?
Is Carl the guy who left the party early?
The manager showed her some files who she read immediately.
The manager showed her some files which she read immediately.
Gretha Smit, that won the 5,000 metres at the European Championships, was born in Rouveen.
Gretha Smit, who won the 5,000 metres at the European Championships, was born in Rouveen.
He's the most athletic boy who I've ever dated.
He's the most athletic boy that I've ever dated.
The second bike which I bought in this store was much too expensive.
The second bike I bought in this store was much too expensive.
Questionmark OnDemand licensed to ThiemeMeulenhoff BV