May 21 2019 |
Logged in as : test
Combine the two sentences into one longer sentence. Leave out the relative pronoun (
who, which, that, whose
) where possible.
I saw the accident. It happened last Wednesday.
I saw the accident which happened last Wednesday.
1. What is the name of the actor? You went out with him last night.
2. Their address is on the envelope. I threw it away yesterday.
3. We spent the night in a tent. It leaked very badly.
4. I know the teacher. His car was vandalised.
5. I've got a bad feeling about her. It won't go away.
6. My sister is a talented dancer. She lives in Amsterdam.
Choose the correct sentence.
1. De winkel is in brand gestoken.
To the shop has been set fire.
The shop has been set fire to.
2. Mijn haar is net geknipt.
My hair is just caught.
My hair has just been cut.
3. In Noorwegen worden twee vormen van het Noors gesproken: Bokmaal en Nynorsk.
In Norway, two forms of Norwegian are being spoken: Bokmaal and Nynorsk.
In Norway, two forms of Norwegian are spoken: Bokmaal and Nynorsk.
4. Men zegt dat Helen niet te vertrouwen is.
They say Helen isn't trusted.
They say Helen is not to be trusted.
5. Hij wordt regelmatig uitgescholden.
He has regularly verbally abused.
He is regularly verbally abused.
Questionmark OnDemand licensed to ThiemeMeulenhoff BV