Choose the correct translation of these Colloquial expressions (in
1. Mandy was in a foul mood, so we left her
to her own devices
lieten haar aan haar lot over
lieten haar bij haar eigen apparaten
lieten haar alleen
2. I believe that new boyfriend of yours is
a rough diamond
een ruige gast
een hoop geld waard
een blanke pit in een ruwe bolster
3. I took a computer course, but I was completely
out of my depth
het was te moeilijk voor me
ik had geen schulden meer
ik vond er niets aan
4. When will it finally
dawn on you
that I am not interested?
zul je bedenken
tot je doordringen
in je opkomen
5. My granny is very much
, though you wouldn't expect it.
bij de tijd zijn
Complete the following sentences.
1. Are you sure you want to go by bike? I believe it's a
2. Well, we'll just have to
(op onze tanden bijten).
3. Do you believe everything that James told us today? -- No, it's
(geklets in de ruimte).
4. I don't like Thelma. Her opinions
(zijn altijd erg ongenuanceerd).
5. There's no reason
(om je zo op te winden).
Choose the correct words.
1. It is always very difficult to
what is going to happen.
2. Can we
your pain by taking you out to dinner?
3. Make sure you
the agreement before you sign it.
4. Did you manage to
Jeremy, or was he smarter than you?
5. I hope your illness isn't
Choose the correct options.
1. Harvey Nichols is a fancy ... in the UK.
2. The old ... was renovated and turned into a hotel.
3. I am not prepared to spend my holiday on a ... in Devon, thank you very much!
4. Do you know where the nearest ... is?
Drag the words to the right prefix.
Questionmark OnDemand licensed to ThiemeMeulenhoff BV