Choose the correct phrases.
1. Sue suddenly disappeared to
go into nature
pay a call of nature
answer a call of nature
2. We heard
on the grape-line
by the grape-line
by the grape-vine
on the grape-vine
that Chandler and Janice broke up a few weeks ago.
stepped out of bed on the other side
stepped out of bed on the wrong side
got out of bed on the other side
got out of bed on the wrong side
4. Roma never liked Jim,
I think the matter we've just discussed is
a case point.
a case in point.
a point of case.
Fill in the correct words.
1. We're looking for a place to stay and saw you have a B&B. Do you still
? (ZIJN ER NOG KAMERS VRIJ)
2. I would like to have some
. (WAT AANVULLENDE INFORMATIE)
3. This hostel
. (SPREEKT ME ERG AAN)
4. It would be really helpful if you could
. (ZO SNEL MOGELIJK OP DEZE E-MAIL ZOU KUNNEN REAGEREN)
5. We were wondering if you could
for tonight. (ONS ONDERDAK VERLENEN)
Choose the best options.
1. I guess they will try to offer me ... for doing that job.
2. My brother was ... when my parents said they'd pay for his new bicycle.
feeling plain sailing
in the clouds
the pick of the bunch
over the moon
3. I'm afraid there's ... . Julie doesn't want to babysit tonight.
a spanner in the works
a fly in the ointment
a kink in the cable
a wrong foot
4. Oh yes, we get along fine. We ... from the start.
were over the moon
hit it off
got off on the wrong foot
were looking daggers at each other
5. Sarah woke up in the middle of the night and ... .
threw a spanner in the thief's work
caught the thief red-handed
caught the thief on the hot deed
looked daggers at the thief
Choose the correct words.
is she talking about?
2. I'm not sure
you call this in German.
nice of your neighbour to offer to help!
is this device for?
5. Could you
the locks before you leave the house?
6. It is difficult to
a wild horse.
Make the words negative by adding the prefix
. Make sure you use the correct form of the verb.
1. Could you please stop (BEHAVE)?
2. Are you sure I didn't give you enough money? Perhaps you have (COUNT) it?
3. I've never heard of that book. You must have (READ) the title.
4. Just for a second, I (TAKE) her for the personnel manager.
5. He is a very cunning person, and will definitely try to (LEAD) you.
Questionmark OnDemand licensed to ThiemeMeulenhoff BV